The labels from FoodDays are created to match the Avery 5160 address labels, i.e. three across, ten tall. When printing the labels, it’s important to ensure that you’re printing the labels exactly how they are created – the PDF format allows for exact placement of the text on the page. Often, web browsers or email clients will add padding to the labels or scale them to fit which results in the label text missing the physical label on the page.
Here are a few tips to help ensure that the labels print correctly:
- Labels print on Avery 5160 labels that are the same size as a US Letter page.
- TIP: Whenever ‘testing’ use a sheet of blank US Letter paper to test the fit rather than waste labels1
- Avoid printing labels from the web browser – better to download and open in Preview on macOS or download and install Adobe PDF viewer for Windows.
- When opening from email, make sure that the PDF is being displayed by the PDF viewer, i.e. Preview on macOS, or Adobe PDF Reader on Windows rather than inside the email client or web browser displaying the image, e.g. Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.
- When printing, ensure that the print is:
- Not scaled, i.e. it must be 100% not stretched or shrunk to fit.
- Does not include any additional text, e.g. page number or titles.
- Does not include any padding or margins – print the whole page as-is.
If you continue to have problems, please contact support for further assistance.